Sunday, March 17, 2013

Health Challenge Day 1

This new job has been kicking my butt!  When you have to wake up at 4 am and drive 1 hour to work, exercise goes out the window.  Due to time constraints my body has become a fast food junkie addicted to soda and I crave it all the time.  I am determined to break this addiction and lose the weight that my addiction has added onto me.  I am determined to be an example for health with my family.  Goal is to lose 20 pounds (I am starting at 130 pounds at 5 feet) and you dear readers get a ring-side seat.  I am more apt to stick with it if I have an audience! What a great job you have. 

Week 1 goals: (many based on the mini pledges from 100 Days of Real Food)

1. Eat 2 Fruits and/or Vegetables with each meal

     This will be difficult as I call myself "vegtablic," a condition in which I struggle swallowing veggies.  I am going to need to be sneaky with the vegetables and I already found one way to be sneaky... Vegetable Infused Pasta Sauce. Thanks Jamie Oliver and Kerryann. 
    

2. Increase water intake to 3 20 oz. bottles. 

    I refuse to use plastic, BPA filled water bottles.  In comes the stainless steel.  I have used the stainless water bottle for quite some time, but they have become ratty.  To inspire me, I will buy 2 new water bottles. Whenever we have something new, we want to use it right away.  This is key to kicking my Soda addiction. 


3.  Exercise 5 times this week.  

     There are several resources on which I heavily rely.  One of which is the insanity program.  Today I completed Insanity Day 1 "Cardio Pylometric" 40 minute workout.  I took more breaks then I would have liked, but I did not quit and that is the important part.  I wanted to quit near the end, but I kept with my goal in my mind.  The picture of health I want to be for my husband and son. 

No comments:

Post a Comment